The University of Hoods, Thugs & Tricksters
Presents a Curriculum Day!
Saturday January 21, 2022
Council Hall and Beaver Meadow, Camp Samac, 275 Conlin Rd E, Oshawa, Ontario
Contact Angela: firstname.lastname@example.org
9:00 am Registration
10:00 Activities start
11:30-12:00 ?? Lunch
4:30 pm Finish Line for Activities/ After games provided
5:30 Dinner / Awards during dinner
The events this year will reflect the 3 classes represented with some activities falling into each category. The exception to this is events that reflect overall teamwork.
The events have been designed to require very little prep/materials as I know some of us are new, this is our first rally event, and post covid things have been different to say the least.
- The thief needs to lead everyone through the spider web trap. ( yarn strung between trees with bells attached- don’t ring the bells)
- Snatch the Hankie – ALL scouters whether running an even or not will have an accessible hankie that the team needs to steal. All hankies will have a name. Team needs a hankie to either do the side quest and/or get in the door of the feasting hall
- Get the Idol (https://troopresources.scouting.org/hot-isotope-transport-video/ )
- 1. The Fighter needs to guide the team through the obstacle course OR if it is unsafe the Fighter needs to teach everyone how to snowshoe (supplied by Samac)
- 2. Axe Throwing – If you can bring a few that would be great – some will supplied.
- 3. Tug of war — team v other team/scouters(med vents ) present- or some logs
- Fire creation – (and change the colour) Done in a can
- Trivia! – scout history/survival situations/tie knots
- (?) perhaps wizards chess — or the Knotiest Knot challenge/decode that password (?)
This will be an old fashioned sled race. 1 pusher- 1 puller- at least 2 on the sled
Every challenge completed will earn a piece of the map- the map is required to navigate the grid in front of the fasting hall.
This is still in the works- there may be treasure chests for every team (-1) that is protected by the troll. Each team can try and defeat the troll to get their treasure box- this will have extra provisions and things required for the day
ALSO! Something new!
Dinner will be a Minestrone Soup with garlic bread and something special for desert.
Also – Vents will be asked to run a station this year- The scouts attending the stations can vote on the Venturer that made the event the Scoutiest bestest ever!
(This will also be an award).
Speaking of which awards will be:
- Fastest time from start to finish
- Scoutiest Scouts
- Smartest team
- Best Vent
- Best Chilli
- Best sled
—————— If you can think of any more please do not hesitate to write to me
This is a new feature. As we all know life comes with a certain amount of mayhem and now so does Winter Rally!
Mayhem will be released in the afternoon only. Roll a 10-sided dice (provided) to get the scale of your disaster. If you know the Scout Promise or Law the team can scale down tier disaster by 1 degree (a hard goes to medium/medium to easy/easy to avoided). Mayhem will have a challenge you need to pass before continuing your quest. These will be based on survival/knot tying/scouts’ history
Finally- while our heroes wait to feast, they can either join a D&D game (provided) or create a personal coat of arms.
I would love each group confirmed to bring a large (pillowcase sized) coat of arms to hang in the Hall of Heroes – I just think it would be good fun and something extra however you know your troupe best.
There is all the information I have to date– I am requesting
- that you all send this to as many scouters as you know
- You get back to me with number of participants as soon as possible
- Let me know if you are interested in participation in the chilli cook off
- Let me know if your troupe can create some survival cards/situations and answers
- Let me know if you are interested in creating a coat of arms to hang – I can keep track of how many troupes will be doing this and let everyone know. I know no one wants to be the only 1 doing it or the only 1 not doing it 🙂
Please get back to me with your thoughts at email@example.com
or by leaving a message on the Facebook Page:
Thank you again to all those that have helped to date- your guidance and patience is much appreciated